Thursday, April 12, 2012

Whoopsie!

I've neglected you little blog... and my followers!  I didn't realize I hadn't posted in 9 days!!  OOPS!  Guess that goes to show just how much my new job is keeping me busy... along with a week of being sick, running higher miles and now that it's slightly nicer outside... yard work to be done and a dog who loves to be outside, but has a huge phobia of bugs!

Last Saturday was my longest run EVER... 10 miles.  I was still sick with a cold, so I took it easy, finishing in 1hr 52 minutes.  I stopped at the water stations & the restroom - and I had to blow my nose a few times.  By mile 9 my legs started to feel like lead weights... but I pushed through and made from mile 9 to 10 one of my faster miles.  Unfortunately, with running 10 miles... I was a hurting unit that day (especially after we took Colby to the dog park & celebrated Easter with my family), so I spent my evening like this...


For my family Easter celebration I had to make dessert... thankfully I have pintrest to guide my way with new desserts... I found these bad boys and whipped up a batch!

My only modification to the recipes was A) I doubled it to fit into a 9x13 pan and B) I made the cheesecake part with 4 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs... because I have a cousin allergic to yolks!  They were a HIT at Easter :)

I've gotten two decent runs in this week... 4 miles on Tuesday and 6 miles today (Colby got to run 2 of the miles with me!)  Saturday is another 8 mile run... funny enough, that distance no longer seems intimidating to me!!  SURREAL!!

Last night I was also craving chocolate... so I decided to make Betty Crocker's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies... YUM!  I made two pans and then froze the rest of the dough into individual balls so I can pull them out quickly in the future.  Again... thank you Pintrest for the idea! :)  For my cookies, I skipped the nuts, used Old Fashioned Oats & mini chocolate chips :)



Horray for tomorrow being Friday!!  It's been a busy week at work but I'm absolutely loving my job... I am so so happy I found such a great place to work!  Colby says goodnight too ;)  What a nut!


No comments:

Post a Comment