Sunday, February 17, 2013

I think I hit that point... I actually ENJOY running!



Stepping on the scale this morning felt great.  It read 175.4…. 10.4lbs down from Christmas Day!  It felt great to finally break that 10lb barrier!  Only 15-20lbs to go!  I’d be very happy at 160 but would really like to get to 155lbs.

I also took my measurements today, my stomach measured at 29” and my hips at 43.25”.  I am hoping in a week and a half when my trainer gets back from vacation… that my stats are even a bit lower!  I also am getting my body fat checked on 2/25.

I had a great weekend which kicked off with working at the Y on Friday night… Saturday I cleaned my house, met my cousin Katy for lunch at Grapevine Café and and a great time catching up with her!  Then I headed down to Neenah and had plans for the evening to do hibachi for dinner & see a Skyline Comedy café show.  It was a great time!

Today I had a surprise birthday party to go to around lunch time, and was able to hang out with some of my friends J  My dad came over and attempted to fix my broken garage door opener, unfortunately, we think the motor might be shot L  After dad and Jeremy left, I headed out for my 6 mile run that I avoided yesterday.  It was sunny but chilly and the sidewalks were still super icy!  PEOPLE… learn to shovel and salt!  I ran mostly on roads, against traffic… and some drivers are so RUDE!

Here’s my route and stats for the day:


I chose a super tough route today which basically takes me consistently uphill for the first 2 ½ mile with a bit of downhill, but then right back up.  Mile two was particularly tough and I ended up having to walk a bit up the hill because it was icy and there was quite a bit of traffic.  Mile 4-5-6 was flatter and I pushed myself a bit more even though my legs were frozen.  All in all a good run after a week of being sick J  Looking forward to the next few weeks… taper to 4 next week then back up to 6 before mileage starts climbing in March & April!!

I also realized that if I continue to run at the pace I ran today (6 miles in 66 minutes)… I could finish the Bellin come June with my fastest time in my 6 years of running the race!

Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment