Monday, November 28, 2011

Sorry I've Been Away!

The last two weeks I have been without an easily accessible computer.  My laptop screen died, so in order to use my computer, it had to be hooked up to my living room TV.. and then I was staring at a 32 inch "monitor", which is incredibly hard on the eyes!  Unfortunately, that led to me just not really wanting to use the computer in general... so I used my phone for email & facebook. 

Anyway... my wonderful boyfriend got me back into shape this weekend with a spare laptop.  I will likely look for a new laptop for myself after Christmas... or let him attempt to order and fix the screen of my broken one.  We shall see!

My only issue right now is I have to find the cord to my camera in order to upload pictures onto this laptop.  My other one has a card reader slot right on the side so I never had to worry about needing the computer cord.  Well... I better get searching now!

Life has been busy with Thanksgiving & work has been quite busy lately... I'm not complaining, I like to be busy.  But that also leads for lack of Blog updates too!

I broke down and bought new running shoes after I was diagnosed with extensor tendonitis in my right foot.  Basically I flex my toes too much when I run, which causes the tendon extending from my big toe to become inflamed and I also was tying my shoes too tight which was causing pressure on the top of my foot.  The PT suggested better cushioned running shoes, so I visited Runaway Shoes and invested in the Asics Gel Kayano 17's... which I had heard nothing but amazing things about.  

Well... now that I have them, I love them!  They were amazing right from the start and with lacing them a bit differently... I finally ran without pain, in the Turkey Trot!

I did the Green Bay Festival Foods Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Morning.  I finished the 5 mile race with a time of 55:11, or 11:02 per mile. I was 11 seconds short of my goal time, but I'll take it.  I know I would have made it under 55 minutes, but from mile 4-5 the wind got me good and set me back an extra minute.  I was pacing a 10:45 mile for most of the race which I was pleased about :)  Ryan did amazing at 42 1/2 minutes.  My brother & his girlfriend ran the 2 mile race, and were both happy with their times.  I was very proud of them for coming out to do the race with us! Post race we got our pumpkin pies and headed off for our family Thanksgiving celebrations & Packers!!! 

I will continue to run 1-2 times per week so I keep my rhythm when January comes and I start 1/2 marathon training for the Cellcom Half Marathon in May.  I don't want to push myself until then because it was recommended that I give my tendonitis time to heal, so that's exactly what I am going to do.  Instead of more running for the next month, I will be continuing to do Cycling classes, volleyball & cross training.  I am also going to focus on getting in two strength training sessions a week to build my leg muscles.

Yummy food posts will be back as soon as I find my cord...  I have a few to catch up on from the past week!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment