Sunday, March 11, 2012

8 Mile Run & Dog Park Adventure!

I prepped for the weekend by making some delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins from Annie's Eats.  If you love peanut butter, chocolate, and muffins... then you MUST try these!  Thank you to my cousin Katy for introducing me to the recipe!!

 After working late Friday night, I was up early Saturday morning for an 8 mile training run.  This was my longest run EVER in my life!  I made it through better than I imagined and faster than my goal.  I finished in 1hr 26min!!!  10:50/mi pace.  The wind was fierce from mile .5 to about 3.5, but I made it through and kept pushing myself.  I didn't feel like stopping at mile 2.5 for water, so I made it to mile 5 and stopped quickly for some Gatorade.  It was the perfect distance to the end and surprisingly I didn't get sick when I got home!!!  I think my body is finally adjusting to this whole running-thing! :)  Very much looking forward to beautiful weather and 3 runs this week!!

Rachel: Post Run Red Face!
 After I got ready for the day on Saturday, Ryan and I took Colby for a walk and then decided to go to lunch.  I didn't know exactly where I wanted to eat but I knew I wanted a BIG SALAD.  After being incredibly indecisive for about 30 minutes... I settled on Rosatti's because I was craving their Chopped Salad.  It was hands-down 100% amazing (like always) and it hit the spot!!


I also got an order of garlic bread... it needed to be crispier!


Today we took Colby to one of his favorite spots... the Dog Park!  We used to go to the Brown County Pet Exercise area all the time, but last summer we found the new De Pere Dog Park which we love and Colby has all kids of exploring he can do!

Colby loves the water... even though there were spots that still had ICE!

I am truly surprised he didn't dive head first into the water (even though this picture makes it look like he did!)
We ended our weekend by bringing out the grill and making some marinated chicken breasts!  LOVE the weather we are having right now... just hope it sticks around :) 

Two days left at PAi and then a few days off until I start my new job March 19th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment