Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthday Surprise Success & mid-summer weather!

Well - my "vacation" comes to an end tomorrow morning with my start of a new job!!  I will be working for BayCare Clinics as a Human Resource Generalist.  Very much looking forward to starting and meeting my new team & coworkers!  My 3 days off was very busy last week... preparing for my dad's 50th Surprise birthday party... which went off without a hitch!  It was lots of fun and I know he enjoyed himself!

Walking in to his surprise!

Birthday Cupcakes!

Ryan, Me, My Dad Kevin, my brother Jeremy, Jackie, Ashley, my brother Tyler
In preparation for the party... I had to make the cupcakes... I also made some dips, veggie pizza, and put together a cheese platter & a fruit platter!  Here's a few fun pictures...





While I slaved away in the kitchen... Colby was enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

Saturday night we went out with some friends to celebrate St. Patty's Day - Green Bay style.  Probably one of the few times I went out in capris & flip-flops to an outdoor St. Patty's day celebration, and watched fireworks over the river!!






I found some running time this week and well as many walks with Colby!  Thursday's 6 mile run was kinda brutal with the wind in one direction... and because it was warmer, I wore a tank-top which created my first "chafing" of the year... a spot on my arm from my iPod arm-band.  Today, I attempted to wear shorts to run another six miles... well my thighs and shorts for running don't mix... I was so uncomfortable with my wardrobe choice by 1 mile, that I turned around and walked back to the car.  Better stick to capris for running for this girl!  After my craptastic run... Ryan and I headed out on a 10 mile bike ride, that felt great!  The trail was super busy... lots of people getting out to enjoy 79 degrees in March!
I enjoyed my first brat on the grill of the summer... er wait, late winter season ;)  I was so excited I forgot to snap a picture before I took a bite!
Have a great week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment