Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to Winter Running

I came home sick from work yesterday... I was having some major stomach issues for the last few days.  After resting and taking some meds, I finally feel like ME again today.  I knew I wanted to get a run in for my workout... but when I woke up it was 5 degrees out.  I decided to wait until around 11 to take Colby for a walk... realized the sun was shining bright and most of the sidewalks were ICE-free. 

I didn't want to push myself after being sick & not running outside since October, so I just did an easy 2 miles.  It was also the first time I got to try out my Garmin Forerunning 110 running watch!  I thought it would be super awkward to run with the heart rate monitor strap around my chest, but it actually wasn't.  It has a great design and I didn't even notice it.

I could have run another mile, but decided to not push my chances with my stomach... and head back home.  There's always the next run! I feel ready to start official training runs next Saturday with the group!  WAHOO

Speaking of stomach/digestive issues... after 5 days of having issues, I was feeling great when I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 178.2... just gotta keep that number going in the right direction for weigh in on Wednesday!

Using my Garmin for the first time also allowed me to play around with the website, which will track all my outdoor miles beginning with today! :)  I was also happy to learn that I can use it for biking too... blonde moment, I didn't even think of that!


This afternoon I ran a few errands... boy was the grocery store busy!!!  You'd think there was some big Packer playoff game in town!  Oh wait... there is :)  GO PACK GO!!!


I'm making a new recipe for dinner tonight... Chicken Tortilla Soup (4 WW p+)!  It's an Emily Bites recipe :)  I hope it turns out well... it smells good!! After that I'm off to a friend's to watch the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment