Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday Run

1) Weekends go way too fast... I say this every week and it never gets better!  I swear they go faster and faster each weekend!!

2) I had a great Saturday morning training run... 3 miles.  I arrived around 7:45am to the mall (where the run starts), and ran into a few people I knew before warming up.  My Garmin worked great!  They have sky-lights in the mall, so I stood underneath and was able to locate the satellites inside before heading outside to start running.  It was the perfect temperature January run... about 44!  However... the wind was FIERCE!  There was also a lot of up-hill running.  The only part of the run that I really struggled with was the last 1/2 mile... it was into the wind the whole stretch and I felt like I wasn't moving.  Believe it or not, I actually paced under 11 minutes per mile, which I was SHOCKED by!  I didn't start off this good last year, so I am hoping that all my strength training is paying off :)
  • 3 miles in 32:40 (10:54 pace)  
  • Mile 1 - 10:39, mile 2 - 11:14, mile 3 - 10:48
  • Burned 327 calories... blonde moment, I never realized on my first few runs that it calculates my calorie loss!
3)  This week I've got a full schedule... Monday, 2 mile run & 30 min personal training, Tuesday - Volleyball & end of season dinner... must be good eating bar food, Wednesday - Spin class, Thursday - 2 mile run & strength training, Friday - off, Saturday - 4.3 mile training run.

4) Praying for a good weigh in again on Wednesday... I'm sitting right where I weighed in last Wednesday, so I'm planning to be VERY good the next 2 days and hope to see at least a 1lb. loss again this week!

5) Bummed the Packers lost but... next season will be here before we  know it! :)  Let's look forward to Spring & Summer first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment