Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Likes!


Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Presents from Santa were always wrapped in our house :)

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
This year it was white lights on the tree.  In previous years, it has been blue, red, red & white, and I think one year I even had green.  I like to change things up :)  Although I do think that white is the most classic.


Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope!

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Cookies & Candy... oh wait, it says "excluding dessert" ;)  I would have to say Christmas brunch at my grandma & grandpas - and my grandma's homemade doughnuts!!  I also like a classic brown sugar glazed ham & cheesy potatoes :)

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Because my parents were divorced, our holidays were always very planned out so we could spend time with both mom & dad.  To me - a busy Christmas is always how it has been, and I don't know that it will ever change!  I do like Christmas Eve mass at church though - the decor, the music and mostly, my family.

Snow? Love it or dread it?
I love a white Christmas... and I like a nice 2 inches on the ground with snow covered trees.  Anymore than that I hate it.  Without snow, everything just looks brown and dead until spring.

Real tree or fake tree?
For the last 7 years I have had a fake tree because I lived in apartments & then when I bought my house, I didn't want to deal with a real tree myself.  However, this year Ryan & I went to cut down a real tree, and although I hated the process of trying to get it into the tree stand, I now love it. 

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Being with my family.

What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Cookies & Candy!

What is your favorite tradition?
The last few years it's been my cookie baking day with my friends.  Otherwise it's just our family gatherings... I wish Thanksgiving & Christmas were further apart so it made them each more special to see everyone.

What tops your tree?
A clear metal star... bought at hobby lobby in 2004!


What is your favorite Christmas Song?
N*SYNC - Merry Christmas or the entire Mariah Carey Merry Christmas CD... and lately everything on Pandora's christmas stations :)

What do you leave for Santa?
Nothing now, but we used to leave frosted sugar cookies & milk!

Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Every year lately it has been different.  This year I am looking forward to waking up with Ryan & opening presents with each other before heading to my grandmas :)


Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Online shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment