Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So Inspiring...

The Biggest Loser is quite possibly one of my favorite shows on TV.  While my favorite part is seeing the transformation of the contestants... the other part of the show is that it is so inspiring to me.  Tonight as I am catching the end of the episode (I missed the first 1 1/2 hours b/c of volleyball), I find myself really relating to the things the contestants are saying as they are finishing a MARATHON!!!  People who were 3-400+ pounds are completing a whole marathon.  That in itself is inspiring.  The emotion that came from them making their goals and overcoming their biggest obstacles, brought tears to my eyes!

I sit here and think... while yes, they have personal trainers and a dedicated medical staff to watch over them, I am much smaller than they are, so why can't I push myself to run faster and farther.  I signed up for the GB Cellcom half marathon in May.  Tonight's episode affirmed something:  if these contestants can run a whole marathon, then I can dedicate myself and push myself to run a half marathon in 6 months.

The official training plan does not start until January, but for now I am keeping up with my running 1-2 days per week, spinning class, sand volleyball & elliptical workouts.  Saturday I ran 4 miles at the Y - which I dread.  I don't love running outside when it's this cold, so I am trying to enjoy or at least "tolerate" running on the dreamill or around the track at the Y.  If I keep pushing myself indoors, I just know I will appreciate running outdoors that much more come spring!

... here to 13.1 miles in 165 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment