Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pictures are back Pt. 3... Thanksgiving Pie


It has become a Thanksgiving tradition in my family to have me make my famous Peanut Butter Pie. Years ago, my mom would always order a peanut butter pie from Perkins Restaurant to bring to Thanksgiving. However, one year, I found a recipe for a very similar peanut butter pie, so I gave it a shot. It was a HIT! For the last 3-4 years now, it has been my responsibility to bring my pie. Here's the recipe for you to enjoy :)


 Peanut Butter Pie

1 c. peanut butter, creamy
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
½ c. sugar
12 oz. Cool Whip
2 pie crusts (chocolate or graham)
1 jar hot fudge ice cream topping

Beat peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined. Gently mix in 3 c. cool whip. Spoon half of the mixture into each pie crust; heat hot fudge jar in microwave (follow directions on the jar). Once heated, pour enough over each peanut butter layer to cover the pie (Reserve about 2 Tbsp for later). Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until fudge is set. Spread tops with remainder of cool whip. Drizzle 2 Tbsp hot fudge & 2 T peanut butter over top of pies. Use Reese mini peanut butter cups to decorate the tops!

Each pie serves 8 :)

Have you seen how adorably mini these are?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment