Monday, December 5, 2011

Sometimes dinner is all about creativity!

On Mondays, normally I eat a late dinner after cycling class... however, tonight when I got home from work, I was so hungry that I decided to make dinner before class. 

It was one of those nights where you have to start using a few things in the refrigerator before they go bad... for me, that was italian sausage, a green pepper and half an onion.

I cooked up the meat, threw in onion, green pepper & a can of mushrooms... topped that off with a half jar of spaghetti sauce and served it over some pasta... AMAZINGLY good!

Italian Spaghetti

1lb ground italian sausage
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 can mushroom pieces
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
cooked pasta

Brown italian sausage on stove.  Add diced onion & pepper.  Once onions and peppers are soft, add canned mushrooms and sauce.  Cook until heated through.

Cook pasta separate.  Serve sauce over noodles & top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese!




Something I may have to make again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment