Monday, February 6, 2012

Crunchy Granola

One of my favorite recipes... makes a huge batch and stores well for several weeks!  My favorite uses for granola are to top my yogurt & as some extra crunch on my salads :)

Crunchy Granola
1c. brown sugar
1/2 c. water
4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 T. molasses
8 c. old fashioned oats
1 1/2 c. salted sunflower kernels

Cook sugar & water for 3 minutes in microwave.  Add vanilla, salt and molasses.  Mix everything together until oats are coated completely.  Spread on 2 greased cookie sheets and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.  Stir every 15 minutes.  Makes 10 cups (I do 1/4c. per serving = 40 servings)

Ingredients

Mixing it all together...

Spread onto 2 greased cookie sheets...

Let cool before storing in air-tight container!

No comments:

Post a Comment