Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Milwaukee & Weigh In #7

This weekend Ryan & I took an overnight trip to Milwaukee.  I had gotten a hotel downtown as part of my anniversary present to Ryan & then I got him tickets to the Milwaukee Bucks vs. Orlando Magic game Saturday night as part of his birthday present.

I decided not to run Saturday morning, when I got up and the patio door was frozen shut.  It had also snowed quite a bit on Friday.  Well - I should have just sucked it up and went to run the 6 miles that was scheduled.  I told myself I would then run on Sunday when we got home.... and that didn't happen either (I was tired!)

We got to Milwaukee around 4, and walked around the Grand Avenue Mall (a.k.a. the Dead Zone!) and I picked up some new shoes at Boston Store for just $15.00 on clearance!!

After the mall, we got dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery.  I can't say enough good things about this restaurant.  We called ahead to get our name on the list... and then walked to the restaurant through a series of walkways (somehow we ended up in a deserted stairwell and then outside behind a building... but at last we found our way :)  The service was excellent, the food was incredible & we got a gift card from the manager for our first time being there... to entice us back!  I completely forgot to snap a picture of my amazing Mac & Chicken... but it was SOOOO good!

After dinner it was off to the Bucks game.  It was a very cold walk but we made the 4 block trek very quickly.  Our seats were high up, but we had a great view...

 




At dinner I had saw on Facebook that Whitney Houston had died... after the game, we returned to our hotel room and proceeded to watch a few hours of Whitney Houston specials/news.  Thank you MTV for going old-school and playing some classic Whitney music videos, it made my night :)

Sunday, we made a stop at Trader Joe's before heading home... Among other things, I couldn't leave without getting a container of these:
 

Needless to say... it's Tuesday, and the container is gone :)  I did share them with my family on Sunday however!  After a quick stop in Neenah to have lunch with my parents & pick up Colby, it was back home to Green Bay to relax before starting the work week.

Monday I made up for not doing my 6 mile run this week and I ran 5 miles, instead of my scheduled 3... go me!  Which brings us to today!  Tuesday = Weigh In day.  I was slightly worried to hop on the scale today, considering I didn't eat well over the weekend.

Happy to say though... the scale made me happy once again :)  Not as big of a loss as last week, but I'll take it!

This week: -0.8lbs
Total: -11.2lbs

Happy Valentine's Day as well - Ryan made Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner, we're enjoying some Biggest Loser right now... and then it's off to a late (9:10pm) volleyball game!

Runnin' Stats:
Miles Ran this week: 5.02
Miles Ran in February: 16.52
Miles Ran in 2012: 58.56

No comments:

Post a Comment