Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The dreaded gain...

I knew it would happen at some point... it's inevitable.  I am not the type of person who can continue to lose week after week and never have a week where I gain.  Well the dreaded gain happened this week :(  The worst part is I dropped below a 10lb loss with my gain this week.  I just have to get it in my mind that I can bounce back and this won't happen again next week!!

This week: +1.8lbs
Total Lost: -9.4lbs

When I am trying to lose weight, I kind of become obsessed with weighing myself to make sure that I don't gain from day to day.  Well - I know that's also bad.  You should really only weigh yourself once a week because your body can go through daily fluctuations.  This is INCREDIBLY hard for me not to do... and it takes a ton of self-control not to step on the scale each day.  So, I decided instead of giving up something for lent... like chocolate, soda, ice cream, etc... that I would give up obsessing day to day about my weight and only step on the scale once per week (Tuesdays).  It would be too easy for me to give up anything else, because I try to limit my consumption of all "bad things" anyways.

I have already gotten 2 runs in this week on a positive note!  Sunday & Tuesday... as well as a volleyball game on Tuesday.  Colby also has gotten walked for some extra exercise on Sunday, Monday & today.  I'm fighting back this gain with a vengeance!!

Running Stats:
Miles Ran this week: 7.4
Miles Ran in February: 29.05
Miles Ran in 2012: 75.01

Horray for being Wednesday... half way though the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment