Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread


I had three bananas sitting on my counter... looking to the point of needing to be used in bread or needing to be tossed. So in the interest of NOT wasting food, it was time to make some bread :)  I am headed down to my brother's place in Madison tomorrow to stay there while I am at a conference... so I will bring it with me for them to enjoy as well!

I decided to use my grandma's banana bread recipe, but because hers calls for a larger quantity of banana bread, I decided to cut it in half and modified it to make it my own!
The Batter Bowl :)
Ready for the oven :)
Hot and Fresh right outta the oven :)

And here's the recipe...
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Ingredients:
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine applesauce and sugar with a mixer. Add eggs and beat until mixed completely. Blend in dry ingredients and mashed bananas. Add chocolate chips and mix. Pour into 2 greased and floured bread pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool.

Freezes well if you want to save some for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment