Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coupons are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!


I have always tried to be as thrifty of a shopper as possible, but using coupons and finding sales can be a lot of work. Lately though, with rising prices at the grocery store, I have really started to focus on shopping smart, trying not to waste food that I buy – which sometime means going to the store more often, and buying less each time. I also have started looking for coupons online & in the newspaper.
 
Now, I am not saying that I am going to become one of those crazy Extreme Coupon-ers, but when used right, coupons can save you big time! I love Target, it's one of my favorite stores. I also love that Target has coupons you can print directly from their website. They also send me Target Coupon books every two months or so, which always have surprisingly useful items in them.  I wish we had a super-Target in Green Bay, but since we don't, I try to purchase as much as possible there and then use the grocery store for my remaining items.

I spent some time today figuring out what I was in need of at home, as well as what coupons were available online. I also looked through the coupons that I had previously cut out. I then figured out which ones were set to expire in the next week, put together my list, and off I went!

Well, almost every item I bought was on sale to begin with (major bonus)! Then, I had a coupon for all but 3 of my items. In one purchase, I saved $16.00 by using coupons!! I also bring my own bag, which gives me an extra 5 cents off :)

Here are my purchases:
And the best savings of all... Milk Bone Dog Treats. The box was $3.54 and I had a $3 off coupon... final cost.. $0.54, and Colby loved them :)
Can't you see his smile??
"What?!!?  That's all you bought me!"
Stay tuned for Peanut Butter Eyeballs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment