Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Eyeballs


Two of my coworkers are hosting a bake sale at work on Tuesday to raise money for Victory over Violence, a fundraiser that supports a local domestic abuse shelter in Green Bay, Golden House.  This is their 5th year doing it, and have raised $45,000 over the last 4 years.  I am excited to be able to help them out... by baking!   I decided to try to a few fun Halloween treats, since it's almost that time of year!  I chose frosted cut-out cookies & peanut butter eyeballs. I was playing around on Pintrest (as usual) and stumbled across someone who made doughnut hole eye-balls.  I figured I could make it work with peanut butter balls too!!

Peanut Butter Eye-Balls:

2 c. Powdered Sugar
2 c. Creamy Peanut Butter
2 c. Graham Cracker Crumbs

1 lb. White chocolate
1 tsp. Oil
1 single serving package of Reese's pieces or M&M's candies
writing gel

Mix powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs together and chill for ½ hour. Remove and form into 1 inch ball shapes. Place balls on wax paper cookie sheet, and chill for 1 hour. Melt 1 lb. White chocolate & 1 tsp. Oil – until smooth & creamy. Dip peanut butter balls into melted white chocolate and place on wax papered cookie sheet. Set 1 candy piece on top. Once cooled & hardened, make squiggly lines like you see on an eyeball.


My cut-out cookie post will come tomorrow after they are all frosted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment