Sunday, October 9, 2011

A weekend full of new recipes...

Every year my family comes together to celebrate Fall & Halloween.  We spend one last weekend together at my parents summer cottage, spend time with family & go through the annual haunted house.  This year, I used it as a weekend to showcase some new recipes I found through blogs.  Well... the results were amazing!  Everyone loved the recipes :)

Let's start with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread... found at Lick the Bowl Good.  Mine didn't turn out exactly like the pictures looked, but it was still loved by all!!


Then I set out to make a pasta salad to share at one of our meals.  I very much enjoy using the Kraft recipes website, so I started searching around, and found Pizza Pasta Salad.  I adjusted this recipe by

1) Using an entire package of pepperoni (cutting them in quarters)
2) Skipped the fresh basil and added McCormick Italian Seasoning instead (about 1 tsp).
3) Used a pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half rather than whole tomatoes
4) Added extra dressing, as I felt it was too dry with only a 1/2 cup.

Results:  Everyone loved this one too!!

Then it was dessert time... I found another great recipe at Lick the Bowl Good, S'more Bars!  SO awesome, and so easy :)
GIANT HERSHEY BARS :)
Marshmallow Cream
Final graham layer

The only change I made to this recipe, is instead of getting regular or king size candy bars, I went right for the "giant" as they were on sale at Target (bought 2), and they fit perfectly side by side in the 8x8 pan.  Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take a "final product" picture, as we were up north and I didn't have my camera on me the whole time.  But take my word they were good, and I was asked for the recipe three times.

2 comments:

  1. Dang I have to try the pizza pasta. What is the dressing you used? Jenny Janke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny it's a tasty pasta salad and you can serve it warm or cold! I used KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade, I believe there is a low fat version too!

    ReplyDelete