Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baking for a Cause

For the last few years, as an employee of the Y, I have worked "Halloween at the Y" for some extra hours - and it's fun to watch all the kids come in their costumes to enjoy a safe and fun Halloween.  Well this year, we are invited to a Halloween party with friends instead... but still felt I wanted to contribute to the Y.  

Then I found this...
MY CALLING!!!

So tonight I decided to bake Oatmeal Raisin, Crisco recipe & Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Well apparently the cookie gods were not on my side tonight, because my oatmeal raisin cookies just weren't turning out.  The weirdest part is I have all new ingredients - which should make for an even better cookie!  So I'm not sure what it was, but only about half of them turned out.  Thankfully I got at least a dozen for the Y. 

I then decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies (because those always turn out for me)!  Tomorrow morning I am headed to donate 3 dozen cookies for the Halloween party!


No comments:

Post a Comment