Sunday, January 29, 2012

Coffee Cake

It was a busy weekend in this house!  I took a half day from work on Friday to get a jump start on the weekend, because I had a ton of errands to run!

I dropped Colby off at Doggie Fun Camp for the afternoon, then met Ryan for a quick lunch at Subway :)  From there I had several stops to make including grocery shopping, picking up wrapping paper, getting my oil changed and going to the chiropractor.  I also managed to fit in a quick 3 mile run because it was COMPLETELY gorgeous outside on Friday afternoon. 

The chiropractor said that I was experiencing pain in my lower back/upper hip because my pelvis had rotated and was causing those muscles to strain.  He got me adjusted back to the way it's supposed to be and gave me stretches and a series of core exercises to work on.

Friday night I spent time after dinner making treats for the weekend... my college friends were making an appearance in Green Bay and I was hosting at my house.  I made Rice Krispies Treats & Sour Cream Coffee Cake!

Saturday I cleaned the house... did a short workout (I didn't feel like it) then went to my cousin Katy's baby shower.  From there I came back to clean the rest of the house & prepare for a night of fun!

After a super fun night on Saturday, I completed my 5 mile run today with the beautiful winter sun shining :)  I finished the weekend celebrating the 3rd & 5th birthday of two very special little boys!!

Here's the coffee cake...

The batter gets sticky...

But it looks amazing once the cinnamon & sugar get added to it :)

Then you bake it and take it out of the oven to reveal all it's mouthwatering amazingness...

Then you enjoy a piece :)
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. light sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add 1 egg at a time, mix until blended.  Sift dry ingredients into mixture.  Add sour cream.  Once fully blended, stir in vanilla.  Dump half the batter into greased angel food pan.  Cover with 1/2 of the topping mixture, add remaining batter, then sprinkle 2nd 1/2 of topping mixture over the top.

Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cut into 18 pieces

Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7pts each slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment