Sunday, January 1, 2012

How I Spent my NYE 2011

New Years Eve 2011 was probably one of those great days I will remember.  We had stayed up past midnight, so when it was officially my birthday (12/31) Ryan gave me my birthday present - a cover for my Kindle & DVD (The Help).

BACK UP:  Earlier on the 30th - I had bought myself a birthday treat, Friends with Benefits on Blu-Ray.  I got home from work - popped in a movie & settled in with my magazines...
You can tell it's the new year... I see a very obvious them on all these covers!!

My dad, stepmom & little brother came over Friday night to wish me a happy birthday and take out the old kitchen cabinet that my dad's replacing.  After they left, Ryan and I played a few rounds of...

We have a pretty epic battle going on right now :)

Back to NYE... We slept in on Saturday morning (until 9... so late), lounged around for a bit, had some toast, then decided to workout.  Ryan wanted to do his P90x... and I wanted to run.  I decided to stop being a baby and run outside.  It's rare in WI that we have mid-30s on December 31st with no snow or ice on the sidewalks.  So I bundled up, put on my new running gloves and headed out.  My goal was to do 5 miles (my longest run since Thanksgiving day)... but I would have been happy with 3 miles.  I was feeling great and it was beautiful outside.  My run turned into 5 1/2 miles in 1 hour!  Here's me post run (no shower, no makeup)...
No, I didn't wear a tank top running outside... I had to immediately shed the long sleeve & sweatshirt when I walked in the house.  My hat was shed 3 miles into the run and I held onto it the rest of the time. 

After our workouts, we showered & headed to the mall... to finalize our NYE outfits.  When we got home from the crazy mall, my mom & stepdad were at my house to wish me a happy birthday.  We spent some time with them, then played a few more games of skip-bo.  At 6pm we headed out to dinner at Eve's Supper Club in Green Bay.  It is a non-reservation restaurant, but the food was great and the people were so nice, so the 2 hour wait for dinner didn't seem so bad.  This was the only picture we have from our night, so sadly, you can't really see our stylin' outfits...
 We got one of the best seats in the house at Eve's... overlooking the Fox River at night.  It was pretty cool :)
This is from their website, but you get the idea :)
 We ended the night celebrating with some friends downtown, and were home just after 1am.

Here's to a Happy & Healthy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment