Monday, January 23, 2012

A Weekend Review

Friday night we stayed in, mostly because I had to be up before 7 to head to my training run on Saturday morning.  It was Ryan's birthday Friday... the big 2-9!  So we celebrated with dinner and he opened his presents :)  Then I told him I would make him mini cupcakes or we could go to Dairy Queen... Ryan chose Dairy Queen.  I stuck with a small vanilla cone and it was worth every point! :)

Saturday morning at 7:30, I stepped out in the -1 degree weather for a 4.5 mile training run in Ashwaubenon... and boy was it chilly!  I layered up with my running tights under windpants, 2 pairs of wicking socks, and 4 layers on top - tank top, long sleeve, zip up track jacket & northface fleece.  Topped off with a fleece hat & running gloves.  I am sure I looked pretty silly but I stayed warm... and eventually got really warm.  The most I had to do though was unzip my fleece.  Everything else stayed put!  My final mileage for the day was 4.65 in 51 minutes :)  11:07 pace.

I came home to warm up and relax while Ryan went to work... Colby and I lounged :)
We spent the afternoon playing tetris on the Wii before heading out to dinner @ Chefusion, downtown Green Bay.  We didn't make reservations because someone Ryan works with said we really didn't need them if it wasn't a holiday weekend or home Packer game.  The hostess was slightly rude about "finding us a table" when in front of us was an entirely empty dining room.  They sat us at the smallest table in the corner of the restaurant.  Our waitress was super nice though, and our service was fast.  Ryan got steak & I got Mushroom Risotto.  I enjoyed my meal but Ryan was not overly impressed with his steak.  I tried to sneak a picture of my meal, but it was pretty dark in the restaurant.

We came home after dinner and played two very serious rounds of Skip-Bo.  We are tied 1-1 and have yet to play the tie-breaker game :)
Sunday my dad, step-mom and brother came over to visit & deliver my Christmas present...
My last kitchen cabinet got installed... it's beautiful and I absolutely love it!!!  Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment