Monday, January 9, 2012

Run, Run, Run

Today was one week that I was back on Weight Watchers... I have an OCD personality when I am trying to lose weight and I weigh myself daily.  Tomorrow is my official weigh in, and I am hoping to be down 3lbs from last Tuesday :)  Here's to hoping!!

I also started my half marathon training.  The official training calendar started on Jan 5th, but I chose to start on December 31st.  I also set a minimum running goal of 10 miles per week.  Last week I hit my goal - 10 miles exactly:  2 days @ 2.5 miles each (Monday/Thursday) and Saturday I did 5 miles.  I truly believe we are being blessed with this amazing weather.  Never thought I'd be running outside on dry ground in JANUARY!

The route I took Saturday was almost all hills... let's just say my calves and shins were still screaming in pain today :(  Here's one of the steady incline hills.


Here's an action shot running up that steady incline... ugh :(


Lately after I run more than 2-3 miles, I get incredibly nauseous about an hour after I finish running.  It's horrible to the point that I have to sit with my head between my legs because I feel like I will be sick.  The only time I didn't experience this after a longer run, is when I drank a glass of chocolate milk after I ran... it seemed to help coat my stomach.  I think I'll have to start keeping chocolate milk in the house!!

Sunday I finally got out my air popper that I got for Christmas.  It's official... I will NEVER buy microwave popcorn again!! :)  Unless I happen to come across a bag of Pop Secret Homestyle, that I just can't pass up!  Anywhoo... 1 cup of seeds produced two HUGE bowls of popcorn.  Ryan and I enjoyed munching while watching the Falcons/Giants game.  Turns out the Packers will face the Giants next week in Week 2 of the playoffs... eek!   


And finally, I ended Sunday evening by relaxing with my puppy :)  He used to sit in the recliner when he was a puppy all the time.  Then he stopped, I think he felt he was too big.  Well, we rearranged the living room after taking down the Christmas tree... and he decided the chair was his domain once again.  I just had to post this hilarious shot of him sleeping.  And yes, he is eyes closed, snoring SLEEPING!  What a dog.


I kicked off the week making stuffed peppers for dinner & completed a 3 mile run tonight at the Y.  I did 2 miles on the track (my iPod ran out of battery after about 20 minutes and I couldn't stand running without music so I finished the third mile on the treadmill).  Either the NY Resolution gym-goers have already given up or they go earlier, because I haven't seen any increase of people at the Y.  That gives me a big happy face! :) :) :)  P.S.  Happy 2 year anniversary to Ryan & I :)  Here's to hoping for a very happy future for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment